a message from the blogger

I'm still trying to update Touille's blog so that there are no more dead links or links to sites that are not secure. I've had to delete a few posts which made no sense anymore. Touille is always on my mind as I update and read old posts.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Boffins create zombie dogs

MB just informed me that scientists are re-animating deceased dogs now. Nick Buchan of NEWS.com.au (an Australian newspaper) says:

Scientists have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans. US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years. Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

First of all, I am not sure why MB decided to draw this particular news article to my attention. She says it has something to do with a comment by her blog buddy SJ about "Zombie Touille", and that consequently the term "zombie dogs" just struck her as fascinating. I myself am not sure what a zombie dog would have to do with my life as an eating, sleeping, walking, licking, living, loving companion dog to MB. But since blogging is one of my hobbies now, I guess this scientific experiment can be commented upon by me. However, I am not familiar with the term "boffins"; nor is MB. Perhaps it is an Aussie word. I have previously come upon the Aussie word for throwing up, which is "chunder". I like that word; it sounds like what it means. Perhaps someone from Australia can enlighten me about the meaning of "boffins".

Since MB got her new camera, she seems not to have as much time to type my blog entries. She's fallen behind on her own blog as well. But she does have some rather nice new photos of me now.





- Touille, a very photogenic dog if I do say so myself

No comments: