a message from the blogger

I'm still trying to update Touille's blog so that there are no more dead links or links to sites that are not secure. I've had to delete a few posts which made no sense anymore. Touille is always on my mind as I update and read old posts.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My recent visit to the veterinarian

dreaded shots await

At the veterinarian's office:

The people poked and prodded, looked in my ears, drew blood from my front leg, sneaked these two injections into my thighs, listened to my heart, and then said they would need to take more tests.

Meanwhile, MB was reading up on the many diseases of dogs as portrayed on these posters.

periodontal disease posters

Then the vet and the techs went into the other room, telling MB I would need a few more tests because my heart murmur has increased.

waiting for MORE tests

They came back and got me, leaving MB alone in the little room while they performed the unspeakable tests. (MB thinks they took blood from my jugular vein. I don't know the medical terminology, but I believe that's correct.) They also trimmed my toenails.

Now I need to take heart medication. And they will need to perform even more tests to see if I will be able to withstand a dental cleaning, which is sorely needed.

- Touille, a tiny dog who is now considered to be a "heart patient"

No comments: