a message from the blogger

I'm still trying to update Touille's blog so that there are no more dead links or links to sites that are not secure. I've had to delete a few posts which made no sense anymore. Touille is always on my mind as I update and read old posts.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Squirrels in and on the feeder

43

squirrel-2

breakfast

the new family's first outing

80 squirrel

squirrels by Sharon.


MB tells me that nobody puts feeders out for squirrels, that the food was intended for birds. Humans like to attract birds but squirrels come instead. To a dog like me, a bird is just a variety of flying rodent-like creature, so that a squirrel is equally of interest. A squirrel may be like a rat with a bushy tail, but what is a bird but a rat with feathers? I understand that they all "taste like chicken".

- Touille, who maintains that they're all prey to a small "rat terrier"

[added bonus photo of cute dogs by the same photographer]
winter dogs 3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's just too cute! Why should the birds get all the food? Very good timing! Great shot.