a message from the blogger

I'm still trying to update Touille's blog so that there are no more dead links or links to sites that are not secure. I've had to delete a few posts which made no sense anymore. Touille is always on my mind as I update and read old posts.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Grapes and Raisins are BAD for dogs.

Animal Diaries: Is it a myth? No!  Grapes and raisins are bad for some dogs.

I'm glad that StarGazer did the research and checked Snopes.com to make sure.

The bottom line is that grapes and raisins can and have caused acute renal failure in some dogs, but others have consumed these fruits without issue. In other words, grapes and raisins are poisonous to some dogs, but not to all of them. Unfortunately, as [veterinarian Ahna] Brutlag explained, "There is no way to predict which dogs may be more sensitive."

I think that I tried to eat a grape one time but it rolled away and I couldn't get a grip on it. Being a small dog with a small and dainty mouth, it's hard to get certain objects into my mouth. I'm glad that I didn't eat that grape now. You can learn a lot by checking out the World Wide Web. (Do they still call it that?)


- Touille, who may have eaten a raisin once, though it might have been a squashed bug, but will refrain from sampling such things from henceforth and forevermore

No comments: