a message from the blogger

I'm still trying to update Touille's blog so that there are no more dead links or links to sites that are not secure. I've had to delete a few posts which made no sense anymore. Touille is always on my mind as I update and read old posts.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Man and Dog Reunited

Here's an excerpt from the St. Louis Post Dispatch article:
They told him dogs couldn't go.

After Hurricane Katrina struck, the U.S. Coast Guard plucked Bobby Alberti, 59, and his dog Rover from a roof and took them to higher ground at the University of New Orleans.

Helicopters were on their way to the campus to fly people to Interstate 10, where buses would take them to shelters with food and medical care.

But dogs had to stay behind.

Read more about it.


MB tells me that she would not leave me behind. I guess that I am lucky to be a very small dog. MB could just stuff me inside her shirt and probably no one would even notice.

- Touille, a very tiny dog


UPDATE by MB in 2019: Now there is a kid's book by Francis Alberti about this event. I couldn't find a better link for the original article in the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

No comments: