a message from the blogger

I'm still trying to update Touille's blog so that there are no more dead links or links to sites that are not secure. I've had to delete a few posts which made no sense anymore. Touille is always on my mind as I update and read old posts.

Saturday, June 01, 2019

It's a lot of work updating a 14 year old blog!

MB says: I'm trying to update Doggie's Blog to make it a nice tribute to Touille.

It's taking a little longer than I thought it would. Just for one example, when I looked at this post about greyhounds on Touille's blog, the original link to Mr. J-Walk's blog led to a website marked as dangerous! I removed that link entirely. The link to the story about Greyhounds in Kansas was dead. Google-searching the quoted portion, I found another article on another website which summed up the story. And following the original link to the National Greyhound Society redirected to an updated secure website.

The Blogger platform has easy ways to update each post's http links to https by clicking a "fix" button. However, it's not always just adding the letter "S" that is needed. Flickr has completely changed many of its URLs for older photos. I've had to update each photo from the old days with its new URL. Luckily the old URL leads to the photo, just not directly to the code needed to embed it on Blogger.

Touille might say:
MB is sitting at the computer day and night trying to update this blog. I thought that she decided to retire from her "day job" so that she would not have to spend all day in front of a computer screen. If I were still on this earth, I would insist that she take some time to get fresh air and exercise. During my lifetime, I made sure that the two of us got out of the apartment to do some serious walking. My suggestion to MB (who is not planning to get another canine companion) is to act as though I, Touille, am still here with her and need to go outdoors. She can use the time walking around to think of new things to blog about, to take lots of photos, and to remember how much fun we had together during our 16 years together on earth.
 - Touille, a small dog who never got too old to walk (though at a more leisurely pace in later years) 

MB typed it for Touille on June 1, 2019 at 9:00 AM

No comments: