a message from the blogger

I'm still trying to update Touille's blog so that there are no more dead links or links to sites that are not secure. I've had to delete a few posts which made no sense anymore. Touille is always on my mind as I update and read old posts.

Monday, June 03, 2019

The Wayback Machine

Doggie's Blog looked like this on April 1, 2006

and like this on October 28, 2006

But by the time the Wayback Machine did its web-crawling thing on July 19, 2008, many of the links and photos on Doggie's Blog had broken.

I can see it's going to take quite a while to update Touille's blog for her. It's a labor of love. I feel like Touille is here with me as I look over old posts.

One thing that Blogger used to do, that I can't see how to set it up to do again, is to choose the wording of the automatic text that is added as one makes a post. Instead of "Posted by MB on (date and time)," my custom design would automatically say "MB typed it for Touille on (date and time)." Now that I'm looking at older posts, that wording is gone. So on some of the updates I am adding those words. It may be a small thing, but it's something I always enjoyed seeing. It seemed to add to the conceit that it was indeed a little dog's thoughts being blogged, and the human was merely the conduit. OK, a little silly I guess. But Touille and I are not afraid to be silly if the occasion calls for it.

I think that Touille would have liked the expression "You do you." I never heard people say that back in the day, but Touille always "did Touille" no matter what others may have thought. I sure miss that little dog.


No comments: